Integration is becoming an integral part of software development as the applications driving today’s digital businesses combine data, events, and services from within the organisation, throughout ecosystems, and across devices. As a result, IT organisations increasingly need to adopt a range of integration styles and architectural integration models while keeping pace with agile app development. WSO2 addresses this demand with the introduction of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 7.0, the open-source, cloud-native, hybrid integration platform for APIs, data, and event streams.
WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 7.0 has been extensively re-architected for the requirements of modern software development. It is the only solution that provides a choice of approaches for either code-driven or graphical configuration-driven integration, plus a choice of styles for decentralised microservices, cloud-native, or centralised enterprise service bus (ESB) style architectures. The platform is the first to use a code-driven approach to integration through the Ballerina programming language, enabling developers to apply agile methodologies to integration for the first time.
Key components of WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 7.0 include:
• New Ballerina Integrator, a new cloud-native integration framework that brings a powerful, simple-to-learn, code-driven approach to programming integrations
• Re-architected Micro-Integrator, an integration engine for centralised ESB-style, cloud-native, and/or microservices-style configuration-driven integration, with a graphical drag-and-drop integration flow designer
• New Streaming Integrator for integrating event-driven systems and mediating event streams
• Enhanced Analytics and Observability through support for leading third-party analytics packages, such as Prometheus, Grafana, and ELK Stack
• Enhanced Tooling options for both code-driven or graphical drag-and-drop, configuration-driven integration
• New Native Kubernetes Support to enable cloud-native deployments using any WSO2 Enterprise Integrator runtime
With WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 7.0, enterprise application development and integration teams now have the functionality in a single, hybrid integration platform to help them adopt emerging best practices for delivering modern, distributed cloud-native applications.
“Using centralised integration delivery teams of specialists who build flows on an ESB is insufficient when faced with streaming analytics, hybrid cloud environments, software as a service (SaaS), agile architecture and process automation,” according to the Gartner report, Essential Skills for Modern Integration Architecture.
The report further notes that “Cloud platforms, modern application architecture and new data processing techniques require you to create more integration flows in less time. To accomplish this, application technical professionals must learn the API, agile and cloud integration skills identified in this research.”
“WSO2 Enterprise Integrator 7.0, the first platform to leverage the Ballerina language, offers a revolutionary approach to closing the integration gaps often left by traditional ESBs in supporting modern, cloud-native app development,” said Paul Fremantle, WSO2 CTO and co-founder.
“Whether connecting services, events or data, developers now have the flexibility to configure or code integrations into their work; adopt agile approaches to integration; and begin to merge the worlds of development, integration, and DevOps.”
For more information, please visit https://wso2.com/consultant-services.