Nexsan Assureon 8.3 includes Private Blockchain to protect and secure digital assets and RDMA over Converged Ethernet (RoCE) to enable over a 2x performance improvement for data retrieval
Nexsan, part of the StorCentric family, has announced the newest release of its Nexsan Assureon active data vault storage solution. Version 8.3 includes Private Blockchain and end-to-end RDMA (Remote Direct Memory Access) over Converged Ethernet (RoCE). The latest version is also ideal for organisations that need to implement regulatory and corporate compliance, the long-term archiving of unstructured data, or storage optimisation.
Assureon Private Blockchain enables organisations to protect and secure digital assets by storing data in an immutable data structure, utilises cryptography to secure transactions and relies on an automated integrity audit at the redundant sites to maintain data integrity and transparency. Combined with Assureon’s unique file fingerprinting and asset serialisation process, with metadata authentication and a robust consensus algorithm, Assureon Private Blockchain allows secure archiving of digital assets for long-term data protection, retention and compliance adherence.
Nexsan has adopted the high performance and low latency RoCE (RDMA over Converged Ethernet) to eliminate the performance-robbing layers of the network stack. Together, Nexsan with RoCE ensures all customers have ultra-low latency, are regulatory compliant and that the solution is ready for the ever-increasing data demands.
“Nexsan has a strong track record of creating products and services that capitalise on the advances in data archiving, security, protection and retrieval,” commented Surya Varanasi, CTO of StorCentric, Parent Company of Nexsan.
“With the release of Assureon 8.3, we have implemented RoCE to provide over a 2x performance improvement and private blockchain technology for a secure, immutable data structure. Users are now able to quickly and efficiently retrieve data with a 40G RDMA Converged Ethernet connection between the Assureon server and Assureon Edge servers, and thereby accelerate access to archived data storage securely.”
Assureon 8.3 offers a number of benefits to Nexsan customers, including:
– Virtual shortcuts that require zero disk space and reside purely in memory as reference points to physical files in the Assureon archive.
– A 40Gb/s ethernet connection that provides blazing fast data retrieval from the Assureon server.
– Data is retrieved directly from user-space with minimal involvement of the operating system and CPU.
– In addition, zero-copy applications can retrieve data from the Assureon archive without involving the network stack.
– Security, traceability, immutability, and visibility of data with Assureon Private Blockchain technology.