Aeris, a technology leader in the Internet of Things (IoT), today announced the launch of the Aeris® Mobility Suite (The Suite) to enable automotive OEMs to deploy engaging and valuable connected vehicle programmes in a fraction of the time.
For automotive OEMs, connected vehicle programmes are fast becoming table stakes―a baseline requirement to compete for customer loyalty as electric, autonomous, and shared mobility models take hold. But as connected vehicle programmes mature, many OEMs are finding themselves limited by first generation IoT software infrastructure that is both cumbersome to work with, and incapable of supporting revenue-generating use cases that consumers demand, such as over-the-air feature upgrades, vehicle sharing, and on-demand services like repairs and refuelling.
The Aeris Mobility Suite—the only end-to-end, cloud-agnostic IoT product suite purpose built to help automotive OEMs win in a connected world—specifically addresses these issues. The Suite offers best-in-class, modular software components needed to rapidly deploy new connected vehicle programmes globally, and upgrade existing software infrastructure to improve customer engagement and retention—all within one year, and at a fraction of the cost.
These transformative capabilities are made possible by five differentiating factors:
• End-to-end technology from an experienced vendor. Access to a single, experienced vendor offering proven, modular, end-to-end connected vehicle software dramatically reduces uncertainty and operational complexity. Components of the Aeris Mobility Suite underpin global connected vehicle programmes for seven of the world’s largest automotive OEMs, and Aeris’ technology processes more than 1.4B IoT messages each day.
• A complete, working system delivered in less than six months. Aeris has an established track record working with Tier 1 partners to deliver complete, fully optimised working systems in less than 6 months. This timeline is accelerated by well-defined APIs which support each component of The Suite, and over 200+ pre-defined vehicle lifecycle and supply chain business processes, including CRM and payments, which facilitate implementation in each OEM’s operating environment.
• 5X faster response times with best-in-class security. Many connected vehicle programmes suffer from high latency, which contributes to sub-par user satisfaction and engagement. The Suite addresses this issue head-on with a loosely coupled service delivery architecture that delivers less than 3 second response times, while ensuring military-grade security at network, transportation, and application levels, including two-factor authentication.
• New applications in 90 days. Competing against software giants in a rapidly evolving connected car market requires ongoing agility and speed. The Suite’s loosely coupled architecture enables OEMs to deploy new innovations in the market, such as car sharing, without touching the vehicle. In addition, The Suite includes modular components required to monetise the most in-demand use cases. Among other components, The Suite offers over-the-air firmware update capabilities, pre-built application features spanning connected car and fleet management use cases, and subscription management services for global marketplaces spanning hundreds of products and services across multiple brands, models, geographies, languages, and currencies.
• Cloud-agnostic foundation for global expansion. Regional flexibility is a key requirement of every automotive OEM. The Suite’s cloud-agnostic capsule architecture streamlines deployment of a global programme across multiple public and private clouds while maintaining local flexibility, autonomy, and GDPR-compliance.
The Suite is modular down to the component level, enabling a highly customisable approach to each customer’s specific requirements. Well defined REST APIs make it possible for OEMs to leverage the entire stack or pick and choose the components needed to deliver on each unique programme.
“Aeris has more than a decade of experience supporting automakers on the journey from unconnected product to connected service, and we’ve leveraged our deep, practical know-how to build a platform that does it all,” said Raj Kanaya, CMO and general manager of Automotive at Aeris.
“The Aeris Mobility Suite enables car companies to immediately deliver on their vision to expand from ‘making and selling cars’ to offering a constantly evolving array of innovative and engaging subscription-based transportation experiences that work seamlessly in the real world.”