Research from Amdocs reveals UK enterprises will place new cloud technology at the heart of their IT strategies
New research from Amdocs has revealed that 75% of UK enterprises say that they will increase investment in technologies to make remote working easier, and potentially, permanent. Cloud technologies will play a significant role in this, with 67% of UK enterprises saying they will increase cloud spending in 2021.
Upskilling and reskilling are going to be crucial to shifting work patterns, with 47% of UK enterprises aiming to upskill staff in cloud security practices. This is unsurprising given that almost half (43%) of UK enterprises say they are either not currently doing enough or could be doing more to educate employees about cloud security risks. And 60% of UK enterprises consider security and compliance as the biggest threat to future cloud adoption.
UK enterprises will also be hiring new staff to help with their new cloud and remote working initiatives:
- 52% of UK enterprises say they will be hiring new cloud architects
- 52% of UK enterprises say they will be hiring software engineers
- 44% of UK enterprises say they will be hiring cloud systems/network administrators
The survey revealed that UK enterprises have already taken major steps to adopt the cloud, with:
- 86% of UK enterprises using Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) solutions (such as Google Workspace, Salesforce, etc.)
- 78% of UK enterprises using cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) solutions (such as Apprenda, Red Hat OpenShift etc.)
- 70% of UK enterprises using Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) solutions
Avi Kulshrestha, General Manager and Division President, Amdocs, commented: “Businesses across the UK are ramping up their cloud investments in response to the pandemic’s impact. Upskilling and hiring new staff is a crucial part of this new strategy as businesses look to take advantage of new opportunities that the cloud presents, as well as overcome some of the challenges of this new infrastructure.”
For more information, visit Amdocs at www.amdocs.com.