The survey, titled “The Future of Work Pulse” Survey asked participants 11 questions related to how COVID-19 is impacting the future of work.
- 76% of respondents say that COVID-19 has accelerated Connected Worker programs.
- Half of the respondents felt collaboration has actually improved since COVID-19.
- 70% of the respondents felt more hopeful regarding the future since the pandemic
- Over 90% agree or strongly agree they now have the right remote tools to do their job
- 78% of respondents believe that remote tools have improved productivity in the workplace.
RealWear will be reviewing the survey results in detail with a special focus on Remote Maintenance and Remote Inspection in 2021.
Event Registration is here.
Our business appears to be supportive of more remote work, although will not completely go remote,” said one respondent. “We are deploying RealWear HMT-1 to many of our construction sites and project site visits. Usage of HMT-1s increased rapidly during the pandemic. Our business is invested in “digital twins” and use of laser scans, 360-degree camera-based platforms, and drone surveys.”
The survey was conducted in partnership with the industry group Augmented Reality for Enterprise, or AREA.