Next-generation reconciliation software specialists, Aurum Solutions, has this month unveiled a complete brand transformation as part of ambitious growth plans throughout H2 of 2023 and into 2024. The strategic initiative reflects Aurum’s commitment to continuous innovation and a refreshed brand identity that best resonates with the changing and evolving company.
To cement Aurum’s move towards the future, Tiago Veiga has been appointed as new company CEO – formerly holding the position of Head of Sales. Coming to the table with an open and progressive mindset, Tiago has implemented an ambitious growth strategy, aligning the team behind an elevated, shared and common ambition for the future.
Since its inception in 2004, formerly known as Groupit, Aurum Solutions has established itself as one of the leading players within its space. Today, Aurum works with companies that span sectors including banking, fintech, asset management, hospitality and insurance amongst others. Attributing its success to a client-centred mentality and ability to develop purpose-built solutions, over nearly two decades the business has worked with hundreds of household brands both in the UK and globally, including Stonegate Group, Octopus Investments, Ladbrokes, HTB, Admiral and more, supporting finance teams and transforming departments’ data quality and operational efficiency.
As the business grows, the team at Aurum wanted to review and refresh the brand – creating a vision for the future. However, in order to best reflect the values, ambitions and identity of the team – and therefore the business – it was clear a comprehensive transformation was needed. The result of a nine-month process, working alongside Unset Studio and Yambo Studio, who have worked with the likes of Microsoft, Apple, and the Tokyo Olympics 2021, the new brand embodies Aurum core values of transparency, honesty, partnership, and ownership.
Key changes include:
● Evolving and updating Aurum’s tone of voice throughout all communications – therefore updating the first impression and touchpoint which clients – both prospective and existing – will have.
● A modern and updated logo – the rectangle represents an Excel cell, with one corner different from the rest, a true visualisation of Aurum’s process of finding the exceptions.
● A new website which utilises glassmorphism – using the properties of glass to give a transparent look and feel, representing the financial transparency Aurum products bring to financial teams alongside Aurum key values of transparency and honesty.
● The website also uses imagery of people in the business today, vs generic stock images, to showcase everyone in the team, not just the senior members.
● A new colour palette with more colours to allow for growth of new products. For inclusivity, the full Aurum team was asked to share a word which for them best encapsulated Aurum. Each word was translated into a colour, creating the new colour palette for the Aurum brand:
● Green: Adaptable, Bold
● Blue: Knowledge, Tech
● Purple: Future
● Dark Blue: Reliable, Premium
● Light Blue: Relief, Teamwork
● Bluish White: Competent, Simple
● The development of a brand scent which needed to strike a careful balance between portraying authority and experience, alongside innovation and youth. The resulting scent combines Green Tea, Citrus, and Precious Woods with White Flowers and Musk to evoke peace of mind, body, and soul and a calm working environment.
● New company taglines – alongside ‘Next-Gen Reconciliation Software’, Aurum has also incorporated ‘Together with Aurum Solutions’, emphasising the partnership between Aurum team members as well as Aurum and its partners.
Chief Marketing Officer, Vasco Vaz Rodrigues, says, “What started out as a simple branding exercise has transformed into the start of a new era for Aurum Solutions. Once we started the process, it quickly transpired how Aurum was presented to the outside world no longer reflected who we are as a business. For us, it has been so much more than changing colours here and adding a new logo there – we have completely stripped back, evaluated every element of our business, and planned for the future.
“We are a very different team to the one which founded the company nearly 20 years ago. We want to both celebrate those in our team who have incredible and rich experience, whilst also recognising and championing our fantastic young talent. For us, ensuring everyone feels represented by our vision, branding and aspirations is of the utmost importance. In order to give our customers the best and most innovative solutions, we need to ensure our team is happy and working to our optimum levels. In the process of evolving the business, we feel our team has stronger and better unity than ever before.”
Following the rebrand, Aurum expects to launch a series of new products and solutions in 2023 which will further transform data management.
About Aurum Solutions:
Aurum Solutions, founded in Reading in 2004, is a global leading next-generation reconciliation and exception management software specialist, developing technology that transforms how companies digest and manage data. Working in partnerships with their customers and clients in five different continents, Aurum provides a reconciliation platform which is world-class, scalable, and flexible with comprehensive management information and a full audit trail.
Always taking a client-first approach, Aurum Solutions provides tailored solutions for leading organisations across sectors including gaming, financial services, fintech, insurance, legal, and more. Through the power of fusing their financial data with customisation, Aurum enables businesses to eliminate human error, create data-driven decisions, and become more efficient in reporting through its innovative and adaptable software.