Panasonic TOUGHBOOK will showcase its range of military-grade devices that will continue to shape the future of the defence sector.
Panasonic TOUGHBOOK will be attending and showcasing its latest state-of-the-art military solutions at this year’s Defence and Security Equipment International (DSEI) show at Excel in London between 12th and 15th September 2023. The event brings together governments, armed forces and global industry leaders across the defence and security industries, providing an opportunity to engage and learn about the latest, innovative technology and trends in the market.
Panasonic TOUGHBOOK defence solutions ensure armed forces can stay connected in mission-critical situations and receive all-important situational awareness when they need it most.
During DSEI, Panasonic will showcase its TOUGHBOOK G2 and its ability to control drones, in cooperation with Horus Technology. This next-generation rugged device enables easy and reliable connection to drones and unmanned autonomous vehicles. The device has a wireless GPS and 4G/5G connectivity, to streamline mobilisation, undertake surveillance and support military and disaster relief operations.
Throughout the event, Panasonic TOUGHBOOK will also exhibit:
- TOUGHBOOK 40: The ultimate 14″ fully rugged notebook is designed for Defence. Its modular design allows mobile workers to modify the device quickly and easily for different challenges by equipping 7 expansion areas. The powerful device is built for use in the most extreme conditions with a battery life of up to 36 hours to support military operations.
- Security Solutions | Viasat SSD Custom Caddy: Panasonic rugged notebooks can be equipped with the Eclypt® Core Encrypted Internal Solid-State Drive from global communications company Viasat, making TOUGHBOOK 40 and TOUGHBOOK 55 unrivalled in their capabilities for the defence sector.
- Military-Specific Solutions: The new TOUGHBOOK 40 Military dock, in association with roda computer GmbH, that provides maximum flexibility and easy vehicle integration thanks to military interfaces.
- TOUGHBOOK 33 2-in-1 Detachable: The 12.0″ fully rugged notebook with hot swappable twin batteries, detachable keyboard with optional backlit keys, and highly configurable capabilities brings unrivalled flexibility and performance for mobile business computing. It’s perfectly suited for field service workers, maintenance and service technicians in utilities and telecommunications, as well as government agencies, defence, police and other emergency services.
- In-Vehicle Solutions | Custom designed mount: The new TOUGHBOOK 40 MIL 38999 Mounting Plate and the TOUGHBOOK G2 Military Tablet Enclosure with fast docking and integrated military connectors.
- TOUGHBOOK 55 HD Model: The most versatile 14″ rugged TOUGHBOOK ever built, but doesn’t compromise on durability, with a unique ‘honeycomb’ design for improved strength and splash resistant design. The TOUGHBOOK 55 is outstanding in terms of its flexibility, making it easier for customers to configure the device exactly as required. Breaking the mould for rugged notebooks, the TOUGHBOOK 55 is equipped with Windows 11 Pro and the new 11th generation Intel® Core™ i5 vPro™ processor which delivers faster computing power.
Charlotte Langridge, Public Sector Business Manager for Defence and Police in the UK and Ireland at Panasonic TOUGHBOOK, comments: ‘’We are really excited to be bringing the latest devices to the UK’s leading defence technology event in DSEI; there is a lot of demand for our highly secure, rugged and modular flexible devices as market needs grow every day.”
Panasonic TOUGHBOOK will also have live demonstrations, virtual simulations and product testing to showcase how it delivers, whatever the mission. It is based on stand H1-670. To book a meeting with the military digitisation team and claim your free mini drone, please click here.
About the Panasonic Group
Founded in 1918, and today a global leader in developing innovative technologies and solutions for wide-ranging applications in the consumer electronics, housing, automotive, industry, communications, and energy sectors worldwide, the Panasonic Group switched to an operating company system on April 1, 2022, with Panasonic Holdings Corporation serving as a holding company and eight companies positioned under its umbrella. The Group reported consolidated net sales of 8,378.9 billion yen (ca. 59.4 billion Euro) for the year ended March 31, 2023. To learn more about the Panasonic Group, please visit: https://holdings.panasonic/global/
About Panasonic Connect Europe
Panasonic Connect Europe began operations on October 1st, 2021, creating a new Business-to-Business focused and agile organisation. With more than 400 employees, the business spearheads operations with its major new B2B solutions initiative called “Gemba Process Innovation”, supported by its wide business product range.
Panasonic Connect Europe is headquartered in Wiesbaden and consist of the following business units:
- The Mobile Solutions Business Division helping mobile workers improve productivity with its range of Toughbook rugged notebooks, business tablets and handhelds.
- The Media Entertainment Business Division incorporating Visual System Solutions offering a range of high brightness and reliable projectors as well as high quality displays; and Broadcast & ProAV offering Smart Live Production solutions from an end-to-end portfolio consisting of PTZ and system cameras, camcorders, the Kairos IT/IP platform, switchers and robotic solutions that are widely used for live event capture, sports production, television, and xR studios.
- Business and Industry Solutions delivering tailored technology solutions focused on Retail, Logistics and Manufacturing. Designed to increase operational efficiency and enhance customer experience, helping businesses to perform at their best, every day.
- Panasonic Factory Solutions Europe selling a wide range of smart factory solutions including electronics manufacturing solutions, robot and welding systems and software solutions engineering.
For more information please visit: https://eu.connect.panasonic.com