Today marks the opening of entries for the 12th annual Enterprise Awards. The awards, taking place on June 26th 2024, recognise founders and entrepreneurs across the tech sector.
The Enterprise Awards are the only awards solely created for founders of tech businesses in the UK and recognise the best of entrepreneurial talent. Previous winners have founded early stage and high growth companies, including Clue Software, Diginius, Duco, Panintelligence, Quantexa and Wazuko, as well as listed companies Blue Prism, Darktrace and Kainos. These founders have all been awarded for their vision, growth, innovation, financial management, as well as stamina, social impact, and sustainability.
The categories for this year’s award are:
– Emerging Entrepreneur – £1m – £3m annual revenue
– Developing Entrepreneur – £3m – £20m annual revenue
– Green Tech Entrepreneur – for entrepreneurs whose business uses technology to reduce human impacts on the natural environment (min. £500k annual revenue)
– Enterprise Entrepreneur – annual revenue over £20m
– Scale Up Entrepreneur – > 50% growth pa (min. £1m annual revenue)
– Public Sector Entrepreneur – for entrepreneurs targeting the public sector (min. £1m annual revenue)
– Social Enterprise Entrepreneur – entrepreneurs with a business model that gives something back (min. £1m annual revenue)
– Deep Tech Entrepreneur – for entrepreneurs with game-changing, innovative, unique, core technology (min. £1m annual revenue)
John O’Connell, Founder and Executive Chairman of ScaleUp Group, created the awards in 2010. Each year, the charities of The Worshipful Company of Information Technologists ‘WCIT’ are the beneficiaries of the profits from the Enterprise Awards event.
John O’Connell said: “The Enterprise Awards are a fantastic celebration of the best entrepreneurs in the tech sector and are now well established as the only event in the UK of its kind. With past winners founding rapidly expanding companies with valuations of billions, we’re looking for entries from those who are ambitious, have exemplary results to share and who represent best in class for UK tech entrepreneurship.”
Together with ScaleUp Group, the event is sponsored by wealth management and professional services group Evelyn Partners, specialist tech-focused corporate finance adviser Silverpeak, and tech analyst and adviser TechMarketView.
CommsCo, the B2B tech PR agency and ScaleUp Group’s new media relations partner, will manage media and event comms. Management of the event itself and the entry process is organised by tx2 events. The event will take place once again at the prestigious Drapers Hall in the City of London.